Mobile is significant because…
Here are ten reasons why mobile is significant, starting with world wide acceptance level by 2020 of 90%. As in 1 in ten will not have a mobile phone – 9 will!
- Everyone is connected – 80% of all online adults now own a Smartphone; 47% a tablet; AND 83% of Smartphone users don’t leave home without their device.
- Mobile search is growing – Smartphones & Tablets combined now account for 60% of all online traffic; AND More Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the US and Japan.
- Mobile consumers want local business – 38% of mobile users search at least one time per month for a local business; AND when researching products/services on their phones, 69% of mobile users expect a businesses to be within 5 miles of their location.
- Mobile users are searching for YOUR business – mobile users are searching for all types of local businesses, but restaurants/cafes (58%, general shops (32%), doctor/dentist (27%) are the most popular.
- Consumers want primarily to know how to find you – 52% of mobile users consider the physical address to be the most important piece of information on a local business website; 47% say map/driving directions, 44% say opening hours and 37% say a phone number. Of course, if you are not represented with a website, Alliant can help.
- Don’t ignore mobile friendliness – 61% of consumers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile optimized site.
- Mobile users are active buyers – 78% of mobile searches for local businesses result in a purchase; AND 70% of mobile searches lead to an online action within an hour (versus 1 month for 70% of PC users).
- Mobile searchers also purchase offline – 78% of local mobile searches result in offline purchases.
- Mobile consumers love deals – 75% of mobile shoppers have used a mobile coupon; AND 80.4% of shoppers said their perception of a retailer would improve if the retailer offered mobile deals and coupons.
- Mobile ad spend to overtake desktop in 2016 – in 2015, paid search clicks on mobile account for over 50% of the overall paid search market.
Don’t miss out on a large segment of your customers. Talk to Alliant to find out what steps you can take to build a strong web presence and develop your mobile customer base. 626-461-1300