All successful business is based on the effective use of collaboration tools. Because all successful business is based on meaningful collaboration. Hiring strengths and abilities becomes immediately pointless if the individual’s strengths and abilities are not used collaboratively. Or at all! How will the astute leader know the depth of employee potential that lies untapped? Best, through familiarity with and wise use of collaboration tools.
Business leaders who desire to collaborate will be interested in the following collaboration tools which they may already have access to, but simply have not discovered. These collaboration tools will simplify the process and make it more powerful.
- Microsoft Office 365 provides powerful collaborative tools. Microsoft’s familiar Office software is now available to all subscribers online through whatever device they may use in whatever location. This greatly extends the availability of all employee talent for collaboration at critical points of business need.
- For example, did you know that Office 365 is now available on the iPad and Smart Phone? Imagine the benefit of collaboration tools which allow you to capture ideas and share them from anywhere with any device, to keep the team productive in their collaboration.
- Office documents saved to OneDrive for Business or from email attachments can be viewed and edited with touch-friendly Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps. Content and formatting stays intact to look great on PC, Mac, tablet or Smart-Phone. What a great collaboration tool!
- Your schedule is no longer hampered by in-house meetings. Office 365 frees you to go where you need to, while staying fully in touch with your business. You can access email, instant messaging, documents, and other Office 365 services from almost anywhere, right on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Microsoft Lync is another significant collaboration tool that enables the business leader to keep workers on task. Lync provides instant messaging as well as on-line meetings – with or without video. As coworkers are joined to the Lync community you can readily see who is available for your immediate collaborative impulse or that planned event. The more complete your Lync community, the more colleagues are visibly available. It makes sense to provide this collaboration tool for everyone on the team.
- When working off-site or traveling for meetings, it can be tough to get a group together at the same time, let alone the same place. That’s what Lync is for – instant messaging and online meetings that keep everyone on the same page in real time. Set up that meeting now. Online. During the meeting, share cloud documents to make real-time updates with all those invited to the event, if they have the collaboration tools readily available.
Your collaboration efforts unplugged and untethered. Online connectivity anywhere and on just about any device empower a significant surge to collaborative effort. Maximize your business potential by making these collaboration tools available to your team.