Why it’s good business to be on Google+
Social media is one of the biggest tools for marketing a business. You can influence and inform potential customers of your services and products, while gaining a following and thus generating business. The big three in social media are Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Some people think that Google+ is not worth the effort because it’s not as big as Facebook. However, Google+ is important because it is Google! They want you to be involved in their network. In return, you are rewarded. The following are 8 reasons, tips telling why your company needs to be on Google+ and how to fully maximize its potential.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the key reasons using Google+ is advantageous to your business. If a search is conducted for keywords that are in your Google+ posts, your web page will end up higher in the Google search engine result pages (SERP), giving your company more exposure.
- Google Analytics allows you to see how the consumer interacts with your content and website. This offers a more indepth view of the visitor’s interests and allows you to tweak unsuccessful aspects of the page.
- When you find an interesting article or video, share it! Every time you share something on Google+, you create a link back to your page and your content is indexed immediately. This is advantageous because when your content is indexed by Google, it means it is officially recognized and can now be included in Google search engine results.
- In addition to sharing, Google+ has a feature called +1. It is the equivalent to a “like” on Facebook. The more +1 content your Google+ page has, the higher it will show up in the Google search engine rankings. Also, leaving quality comments on other’s content gives exposure to your business and will draw more attention and visitors to your page. Well thought through comments also increases the chances of your content being shared by others!
- Google+ has better formatting. The formatting allows you to fit more information, longer articles, bigger photos, and a more visual and customizable platform. This is important to businesses who wish to have a consistent look across multiple Social Media pages.
- Communities are unique to Google+. They allow you to share information and updates about your company with people who are already interested in the topic and have like interests. When someone follows your business by joining the community you know you have a loyal friend.
- Collections allow you to categorize your articles by topic. People interested in these specific topics can easily find them. This allows for easier marketing of your company.
- One last tip! As a business owner you should encourage your employees to create their own Google+ profiles. This will allow them to post links to your website and Google+ page on their profiles. In turn they can share that content and even +1 your posts. An easy way to gain a following for your business is to let employees join in the fun.
People today are looking on the Internet searching for businesses. Will your business be found? These 8 reasons explain why Google+ is so influential in not only gaining a following but also maximizing your ability to end up higher in Google search engine rankings.
Having a Google+ account will give you a leg above the competition that does not have an account. For help in establishing your business web-presence, give Alliant Web Services a call.