About Alliant Technology Group
Alliant Technology History Timeline
- Allworx vendor relationship formed
- Box Express Manufacturing partnership formed
- CRN Digital Talk Radio
- HaaS Program fully operational
- Datto Inc. direct relationship formed
- Vivitar Security Systems partnership formed
- Long Beach Rescue Mission partnership formed
- David Simpson Construction, Inc. partnership formed
- ArmaGen, Inc partnership formed
- HaaS offering on the table
- Expansion of Tech Staff – System Engineer
- Expansion of Tech Staff – Service Delivery Manager
- Reliable Tech News – company newsletter
- Referral program developed
- CharTec Partnership formed
- ThreatTrack antivirus protection (GFI)
- Datto – backup disaster recovery appliances and services
- Alliant IT Marketing Program
- MS Office 365 Cloud software services
- Microsoft cloud partner
- Rapidfire Tools – Network Assessment
- MaxMail email security programs
- Continuum Managed Provider Services
- MaxMail antivirus protection
- ConnectWise ticket management system
- Alliant Advantage
- BDR Services offered
- Alliant pursues servicing clients as Managed Service Provider
- Sonic Wall Firewall Security Devices
- Trend Micro anti-virus service
- Microsoft Partner
- Company incorporated as Alliant Technology Group, Inc.
- Cisco authorized partner
- United Sales & Service renamed United Computer Services Computer Service and Repair
- United Sales & Service Programming and Printer Repair – Founded
- Fujitsu – Alps – Okidata authorized repair facility
The Alliant Team
Dale Smith President
I attended Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, PA originally intending to be a teacher, but graduating with degrees in Mathematics, Computer Science and Education. I worked my way through school taking several jobs including automating the university’s mailing list using the newly acquired Data General minicomputer. Upon graduation I took the easy way out and started my first business developing customer software. I developed many interesting applications including a horse race track, fitness center, beer distributor and roller skating rink. I next went on to help found United Sales & Service, a company that provided authorized printer repair services and custom programming. I eventually took the company over and rebranded us to Alliant Technology Group. I have transformed the company from a simple break-fix business to an IT managed services provider. Our success and growth have come from the trust placed in us by our customers. I look forward to adding additional services for our customers and leading Alliant into the future.
Marianne McCarty Technical Operations Manager
I’ve been in the IT field for over 20 years. Most of my experience has been in the staffing industry. I’ve held various IT positions and understand what it’s like to be on the front lines as well as a manager. First and foremost, I believe the key component to a successful support team is providing excellent customer service. My goal is to continue to strive towards excellence as there is always room for improvement. With my strong work ethic and dedication, I plan to lead our team to challenge themselves towards this goal.
I hope customers never have issues, but if they do, my ambition is to insure that these matters are resolved successfully and quickly. I recognize the importance of taking ownership of issues whether it’s resolving a problem or enhancing the existing operation. I also understand the critical role that IT plays in our customers’ business and the sense of urgency that is required by our team to provide the level of support they need to be successful.
I’m excited by this endeavor and what I bring to further the vision for Alliant. My husband, two children and two dogs share in that excitement.
Courtney McCarty Office Manager
A life-long resident of Orange County, I love the beach and snowboarding, as well as rock climbing and free diving. I graduated from UCSB in 2012 with a BA in Philosophy. I had the privilege of doing study abroad in London, and then traveled around Europe after graduation. My stay at Alliant began mid-November of 2014. What amazes me about technology is that it connects people and their ideas, which can be portrayed in unique and creative ways beneficial to everyone. Good trustworthy people work here at Alliant. I’m glad to be a part of such a team that genuinely cares about the customer and success of the business. I would like to see Alliant expand its market and clientele, especially that Alliant Web Services be a successful division of the company.
Chris Gardner System Engineer
I grew up in Temple City CA and attended Mt Sierra College in Monrovia receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Telecommunications Technology on 2011. I am fairly new to Alliant, starting in October 2014, but so far I have found them to be a great company. Prior to coming to Alliant I was with Source One Staffing in Irwindale for ten years as their Information Technology Admin. Computers and technology is not my only passion. One of my main hobbies is Amateur Radio. I have been a licensed radio operator since 2009. It’s a fun and relaxing hobby where I am making new friends all the time and always learning new and interesting things.
Barry Gishyan System Engineer
I recently working for Alliant after completing my bachelor’s degree in physics. Since then I’ve enjoyed assisting clients with technical difficulties that they have encountered. Please disregard the rumors that I worked briefly for Bill Gates. I did not. Nor with Michael Dell. Or even Steven Jobs. All are very much untrue. I do enjoy working.
Ray Adams Director Marketing
Before coming to Alliant I worked at Progressive Insulation & Windows as Contract Manager and Marketing Manager. I worked there six years and learned about energy efficient homes. It was a great experience! Someone once said, “A face is only pretty if it’s seen.” Our job is to get the face of Alliant visible on the Internet through a vigorous web presence marketing program, which we call Alliant Web Services. I have enjoyed working with Alliant in this regard both as a consultant since 2010, and now as a direct part of the Alliant Team since 2014. Dale Smith leads the Alliant team with an exciting vision of the future face of Alliant.